Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Chemical Shipment Has Arrived...











































The chemicals have arrived, I repeat, the chemicals have arrived!

I received my first batch of Platinum/Palladium chemicals late last week and I'm preparing to begin printing with them very shortly.  The package, which I ordered from Bostick & Sullivan in Santa Fe, New Mexico, should produce up to 35 8"x10" prints for my upcoming Chicago project.  This project will respond directly to my earlier boxing book In This Corner and will employ the iconographic prestige of the Platinum/Paladium print to counter the boxing cyanotypes featured in my piece last winter.

I will be making my way to Woolfits Art Supplies on Queen St. West to pick up a stack of Arches Platine paper in order to begin.  Though I am certainly anxious about learning how to print Platinum/Palladium, the challenge it presents is very exciting.  And of course, I am greatly looking forward to being back in the dark room for hours on end...

Defender Telegraph, page 4, No. 001 

No comments:

Post a Comment